Saturday, August 29, 2015

Back in the 'Burg

A.R. and M.F. prepare for the spoons championship round
I have successfully finished my first week of sophomore year! This semester has already been 100x more fun than last year; I've shopped at a farmer's market, played spoons, watched Captain America: The Winter Solider, baked cookies, learned how to use a Tier 1 camera, and laughed (a lot). My quad is much more active, friendly, and goofy than last year's, and I've made friends with all of M.F.'s quaddies too. Last night, for example, we cooked spaghetti and meatballs, made garlic bread, jammed to electro-swing, made a cake, ate ice cream, played spoons, and watched The Winter Solider. And it was just as fun as it sounds. 
     Today I attended my Saturday class, in which I learned how to operate, set up, and dismantle a Tier 1 (Sony HDR-AX2000) camera. This class is an equipment workshop that all Digital Media majors (i.e. me) have to pass before we can use LU's cameras / audio / video equipment. Even though it's technically a four-hour class, we got out after about two hours, and the class is only four Saturdays long, so it's not that bad. It'll be nice to have Saturday off once the class is finished, though. 
      All of my other classes are going well so far. Creation Studies is by far my favorite, and I have a friend in that class, so that's a bonus. I'm also taking World Lit., European History, Psychology, Biblical Worldview, and Math ... this semester will be a busy one. 
     Which is not to say that I have no time for writing. TRR currently sits at 560,000+ words (1025 pages), and it grows daily. An idea for a new sci-fi story popped into my head a few days ago, and I'm fighting the urge to start a new book ... I'll never finish TRR if I quit now! But someday I'll get that other story down on paper. Promise.
     It's gonna be a good year, y'all! Hope you're having a great week too, and I'll try to keep you updated on my doings up here at LU. Ciao for now, lovely people :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment