Friday, February 24, 2012

BCA Book Signing = Success!!

I had a book signing/interview at the school that shares my church campus, and I sold 35 books! It was a ton of fun, even though I'm completely exhausted and will probably sleep until, like, 10:00 tomorrow ;) I got to leave school during 4th period today, and my mom and I ate at Wendy's and then drove to my church. I signed 19 books (which had been pre-ordered and therefore got special treatment ;) ) while we waited for the interview to start at 2. Then Polly, the school's librarian, took me into this large room where the kindergarten-4th graders were waiting. She introduced me and asked me questions such as:

- Do you like spelling and grammar? (and, Do you think it's imporant?)
- What was your favourite book as a kid?/Who is your favourite author?
- How long did it take to get published?
- How did you come up with the idea for the story?
- Is this the first book you've ever written?
- How many books are going to be in this series?

and other such questions. After 30 minutes of us talking, the little kids asked me questions, then I went outside and sighed books, then came back in and repeated the process with the 5th-7th graders, which had slightly different questions, as they're older. I signed more books after that, and then did a third interview with some parents who had home-schooled kids ... And then finally, at about 4:45, got to go home. Whew. Fun (and tiring) stuff. I'm so glad I got to do this, though; it was a wonderful experience, and I'm so thankful God allowed so many books to be sold!
    Have a great weekend, y'all!!!! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment