Wednesday, March 26, 2014

52ish Days to Go!

I'm not exactly sure how many days are left until graduation. I think it's 52. But I could be wrong. Either way I'M SO EXCITED. The longer I'm at my school, the more ready I am to go. Not that it's my school that's the problem or anything; I've just been there for 10 years, and I'm ready to see what's going to happen next :) And things have started to happen! I got some scholarship money, got a roommate, and am basically just about ready to move to Virginia :) After having traveled to Italy a few weeks ago, I think traveling across the country won't be nearly as daunting ... although I'll be staying in VA a little longer than I stayed in Italy ;) But! I'll get to drive through the mountains of Tennessee again, which I'm really looking forward too; they're not as beautiful as the ones in Assisi, but they're quite pretty all the same :) And this time, I'll actually be driving, since this summer I'm going to get my license ... fingers crossed. I've been saying that for a while now, haha. But it'll happen. I promise. 
      Anyway, I'm home sick today. Missing my very last Jog-a-Fun. Darn. <-- *so much sarcasm* Haha! It kinda seems like last year was my last everything -- my last Jog-a-Fun, my last (and first) Jr./Sr., my last AP tests ... not that I'm complaining. I don't mind missing Jog-a-Fun, and I certainly don't mind missing my AP tests. I don't even mind missing Jr./Sr. because I had a great time last year :) Why am I missing it, you ask? Because I'll be in Virginia at my brother's and sister-in-law's graduation! :) Thanks, guys -- I owe you. <-- *no sarcasm* Seriously, though, it's funny how our teachers keep telling us that senior year will be the one year of high school you'll remember, and that the others will pale in comparison to its superior greatness. Mm, I'm thinkin' I'll remember junior year instead; a lot more happened last year than has happened this year. Minus the trip to Italy, of course. 'Cause all of my "last" things happened in 2013, not 2014. Of course, my last day of school this year will actually be my last, but Jog-a-Fun, AP tests, Jr./Sr. ... my memories of those things will be stuck in 2013. 2013 was a good year :) 2014 has just seemed ... slow. Almost languid. Besides the Italy trip, nothing's really happened. Kinda disappointing, really. Oh well. Things will happen in a few months when I head to VA :) I'll be sure to keep my few readers posted ;) Oh! And speaking of readers (that made me think about Book Two), my mom's editing is coming along slowly but surely. I hope to have it to my editor fairly soon ... a few months, maybe. Oh, the process of publishing is slow, guys >.< Hopefully I'll have some beta-reader reviews coming soon :) 
       Now I'm gonna go work on my extremely late giant Italy post. Hope you're all having a wonderful day/week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment