Saturday, June 01, 2013

I Am Now (Officially) a Senior

    I promised you a giant graduation post, so here it is :)
    Graduation for the class of 2013 was last night, and with their graduation to the next stage of life, this makes me now a senior. Is this a frightening thought to me? Mm, yes and no. I am super excited to get a bigger dose of independence this year (I'm finally learning to drive this summer) and sometimes I wish I could just skip senior year and go straight to college. But I'm also relieved I have senior year to prepare myself for the huge dose of independence that will come with college. 
PG13 and me. Best friends!!
  But enough about me. Some of my best friends graduated last night, most notably PG13, who has been at my school for 6 years now and is definitely one of my closest friends. God has blessed me so much by bringing her to BCS, and I am so grateful I got to have 6 wonderful years with her. I have also been hugely blessed by her family, the G's, who have taken me in like one of their own and become my second family. We've had so many amazing adventures at the lake, at track meets, at birthday parties, and at school. I know I can always count on them, and I love them all so much!! 

J.L. and me


Some of my other great friends are J.L. and C.A., whom I haven't known as long as PG13 but am glad I got to be friends with. J.L. and I became friends through a mutual friend of ours, A.S., and we survived AP Bio together. She's an amazing softball player, and she never fails to make me laugh and feel better when I'm sad. And she came all the way from Vietnam to be with us!! Tôi yêu bạn, Phương Lê!
     
C.A. and me
C.A. and I have known each other for a while, but I think we've only become good friends this year, since we've had study hall together every other day. C.A. is one of the sweetest girls I know; she's always kind and compassionate and ready to give advice and a smile. She loves God dearly, and it shows in everything she does. I will miss her so much, and I hope to be able to visit her when she's at Belmont and I'm at Liberty in a few years!! :) Both these girls are super amazing, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for their beautiful lives. And please don't forget to come back and visit me if you're ever in town, guys!! I love you both!!


N.M. and me
N.M. is one of my favourite seniors. Though I don't know her as well as I would like, I am so glad I got to know her a little bit better this year. She's quirky, fun, and adorable, and you won't meet a single person at BCS that doesn't have something great to say about her. She's a great actress (she won Best Actress at TCSIT and got several other awards) and an even better friend. She lights up the room with her bubbly personality, and I know she will have no problem amassing a host of friends at college. 


A.M. and me
My lab partner! This guy is great, and I'm so glad I got to be his friend this year. I only had one class with him, so he's another I didn't get to know very well, but he was one of the leaders of our school's Spiritual Life Committee and was involved in pretty much everything, so I still saw him quite a bit. If anyone at BCS has a heart for God, it's A.M. I think he was probably one of the few seniors that really tried to live his life for the glory of God, and it was so good to see that somebody was making that effort. I learned a lot from him this year, and I'm very glad we got to be lab partners :)


Me, D.R., and G.C.
I literally became friends with D.R. because we stood outside the building in the mornings, waiting for the doors to open. Strange way to acquire a friend, but apparently effective. Haha! D.R.'s great, and I'm so glad we became friends. He has a great sense of humor, and he's just fun to be around. He also has a heart for God, and I think he has a great future ahead of him. 


Me, Ms. McB, and G.C.
And even though she's not a high school graduate, my AP English III teacher is leaving BCS after a very fun year, and we're all going to miss her. She was SO much fun, and she made English one of the best classes this year (and I usually hate English class). She's very quirky and is an amazing seamstress and costumer, and I wish her all the best as she leaves to pursue a design degree. She has promised to come back and visit us, so I'm hoping she'll be good on that promise! :) 


And there's not much I can say to the seniors that they haven't already heard. All that 'follow your dreams,' 'be strong,' 'dare to be different' stuff, they've heard a thousand times by now. I don't really know what to say, except that I love them all, and they have each blessed my life in amazing ways. I hope God always sends them the people they need, blesses their lives, and showers them with grace and love. Congratulations, class of 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment