Sunday, May 26, 2013

Some Authorific Quotes


Here are some quote that appropriately sum up what exactly being a writer means to me :)

I write for the same reason I breathe -- because if I didn't, I would die.
- Isaac Asimov

I write because I like to make things, and the only things I am good at making things with are words.
- P.J. O'Rourke

I write to understand as much as to be understood.
- Elie Wiesel

I write to keep from going mad from the contradictions I find among mankind - and to work some of those contradictions out for myself.
- Michel de Montaigne

Why do I write? Because I find life unsatisfactory.
- Tennessee Williams

 I hope those quotes give some insight into the mind of a writer, for those of you who aren't so keen on trying to sit down and bang a story out of your keyboard. We didn't ask to see stories everywhere we look, or to read people like books, or to know immediately the difference between a great masterpiece and a lame attempt. But know what? Ask any one of us, and we'd all resoundingly say that it's worth it. All the things we see that no one else does; all the things we feel that other people don't; all the thousands of stories and half-formed novels and wistful dreams floating around in our heads that we have to write down so we don't explode. All definitely worth it. We change the world with places and people and events that others would never get to experience without our imagination and creativity, and we are facets of the ultimate Author, who penned this story for us long before Earth was even a twinkle in His eye. We don't write because we want to, or because we can -- we write because we are filled with some mysterious aspect of a creative and beautiful God, and all we can do is breathe out that mystery within us onto paper.  
       So now you know why I write. 
       Because I must :) 
      Have an amazing week, and hug an author next time you see one :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment