Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wow

BEST. SUNDAY SCHOOL. EVER. We did something a little bit different today - which was kind of a relief. Instead of just going up into the high school room and listening to our youth pastor talk (well, ok, we did that too), we got to get into small groups and listen to each other tell about the things that were on our hearts that we could all pray for. So much cooler than sitting and listening! I had five girls (including a teacher) and a guy in my group, and they were all really cool, especially the girl who sat next to me. I don't know her name, however...I need to learn it! We shared briefly about some things for which we needed prayer, and then we got to pray for the person sitting to the right of us. I really loved the closer interaction that the small group brought, and it was a good way to get to know people a little better. Awesomeness!!!!! :D Especially for me, as I get very shy and slightly terrified around people I don't know very well, because all of the people in my group were friendly and reassuring, which was nice. Made me feel not so nervous, even though my heart was still beating pretty fast when I had to share. But that's ok; one small step forward is better than staying in one spot!  So yeah - I feel like God really blessed me today because I got to be with those great kids and learn a little bit more about them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment