Friday, March 18, 2011

Editing and Sending

So Mum and I have been editing my prologue again before sending it off to the agent (and after I added 4 pages' worth of new material the other day) and we finished editing it yesterday! But before we sent it, she wanted to read over my query letter again, so that took a good while, because she insisted on reading everything, like, 3 times. But finally, at 10 last night, we sent my query to Mary Kole of the Andrea Brown Literary Agency! Yay! I'm so excited!! I was also glad we got to send it yesterday because a) it was Saint Patrick's Day, so it'll be easy to remember what day we sent it. b) it was Saint Patrick's Day, and I'm Scotch-Irish, so kind of a fun heritage day for me :). c) it was the 17th (my favourite number) of the year 11 (my second favourite number). Just a little bit of fun trivia for you there. :)
   Wow...it doesn't seem like this is all really happening. I mean, I started writing this book 4 years ago when I was twelve and yeah, I dreamed of getting it published, but now that it's really happening....*takes a deep breath*.
   This is a bit how I'm feeling right now:
     Psalm 117
     Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!
   God bless you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment