Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Market Days in Belton

Outside the McWha Book Store
On Saturday I had a signing at the McWha's book store in Belton, during their monthly Market Days. Vendors come and set up along the main streets of Belton and sell items such as plants, bird houses, paintings, jewelry, snow cones, and various other fun stuff. I did a signing there last year as well, and once over Christmas, so despite the brutal Texas heat, I enjoyed my time there and even sold a few books! My friend G.C. and her mom surprised me by showing up after lunch, and they stayed with us until the event ended at two. G.C. and I briefly left the table to look around, and I found some great books about medicinal herbs and foods (a newfound interest of mine) in the store. I got three sizable books for only $11! Great storecheck them out. 
      And coming up this Saturday, the 25th, I will be speaking at the Dripping Springs Community Library about the writing and publishing process. This will take place at 1 in the conference room, so swing by, have a listen, and buy Young Falcon and / or Fallen Rose if you haven't yet gotten the chance! (And there will be cookies.) You can register for the event here, and if you plan to go, you need to register so we can have enough space for everyone :) 
      Hope to see you there, and have a lovely summer day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment