Sunday, June 14, 2015

Pizza and the Wizard of Oz

Last night, G.C. and I went out to see The Wizard of Oz performed at the EmilyAnn Theatre and Gardens. Besides the Texas! production out in Palo Duro Canyon, it was the first outdoor play either of us had seen. G.C. is a theater ed. major, and I will be learning to do sound with my major, so it was a fun experience for both of us! 
         First, however, we went to Brewster's Pizza. Our family friends, the Collies, own and operate this awesome pizza place out in the hill country. My mom and I met Devyn Collie at a book signing (she is an author, too) a few years back, and since then, we've been to Brewster's a few times and seen the eldest four Collies perform in a Christmas play. Her brother Jensen just released a country album (available on iTunes), No More Maybe, so I bought that and got it autographed. Fun to be the one receiving the autograph for a change! :) 

Then we headed out to the EmilyAnn and watched The Wizard of Oz. The singers, including Devyn and Denton, were phenomenal, and overall the play was one of the most enjoyable productions I've seen in quite some time. The Munchkins were precious, and the set design was pretty nifty as well. We sat with the Collies' grandmother, who has become a good friend of my mom's. All in all, it was a wonderful night out! (And I learned that Denton has a forge, which is super exciting because I have a knife collection and love weapons of all kinds!) 
       It was a great way to wrap up the first half of summer before we head to Germany, and G.C. got to come with me, so it was doubly enjoyable. For now, however, packing is my priority because Germany is rapidly approaching! 
      Auf Wiedersehen, lovely readers! I'll be back with pictures and updates soon! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment