Sunday, January 18, 2015

74 Pages in 14 Days

So I was reading over this new Doctor Who / Night at the Museum / Warehouse 13 / Marvel / Jupiter Ascending fan-fiction that I've been working on lately, and I realized I've written all 74 pages of it in 14 days. Now, it's not written in typical prose form, but there's an average of 300 words per page (which is the typical amount for a printed book page), so ... I'm not really sure how I've managed to write that much, but I guess I'm just really into the story! My friend N.B. and I have been writing a Doctor Who / OCs fan-fiction-ish story for the past five years, and this new one is the story of what happened in the ~400 years between the destruction of Gallifrey and when our first story began. And the bad thing is that, 74 pages into my story, the plot is just now starting to take off! Haha, if you know anything about my writing, you know that I take a loooooong time to set up my characters / plot / etc., so don't be surprised! It's like a TV show in my head, and I divide the story into episodes instead of chapters. *shrug* It's an odd format, written almost like a play or screenplay. But it works, and it keeps me from having to slog through 74+ pages of prose! :) 
      So yes. I'm not sure why that was relevant to anything, but I just thought I'd share what I've been working on lately ;) Enjoy your day! 

P.S. If you have no idea what Jupiter Ascending is, it's a new sci-fi movie coming out in February starring Mila Kunis, Channing Tatum, Sean Bean, and Eddie Redmayne. Link to trailer here

No comments:

Post a Comment