Thursday, November 14, 2013

Officially An Adult ...

Well. Today is my 18th birthday. Very odd. I remember thinking a few years ago, "Wow, I'm going to be EIGHTEEN in _____ years!" Now that I'm here, the thought isn't any less mind-boggling. Since when did I get this old? I don't feel old. But realizing I'll be 20 in two years is really quite disturbing. In no way do I feel ready to be an adult and do adult-like things. But it's exciting too, because I'm totally ready to be an adult! At least, I'm excited to move on. Being a kid was nice, but I am excited to see what's next. I'm definitely anticipating college with much enthusiasm. My 10 years at my school and with my wonderful friends have been the best years of my life, but ... the time to move on is quickly approaching, and I look forward to it eagerly. I probably won't feel this way when I'm on the road to Virginia next August, but for now, the school year can't be over fast enough :) I don't know. It's just a weird time. But fun, definitely fun -- now that I've been friends with these people for 10 years, I know them so well, and I know most of us will be friends long past high school, so that's encouraging. 
     Ah, well. We'll see what happens. Come what may :)

No comments:

Post a Comment