Monday, April 16, 2012

Editing Book Two

I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I'm going to start editing Book Two again! Sadly, it's going to need some serious work :/ A lot of the second half of Book Two, I wrote when I was 13 and haven't really touched it since (*sigh*...). I'll probably be posting some snippets as I go along, so be on the lookout for those! And remember, I can't get Book Two published until I recoup what we spent publishing Young Falcon, so PLEASE tell everyone you know about it and sell me some more books!!! :)

P.S. Just for fun, here's the very first paragraph of Book Two. Enjoy!

From the prologue, A Hard Lesson:
Roman stared down into the churning waters with loathing, his eyes burning as he searched for Elysia. The bitter taste of failure filled his mouth, and his hand clenched in a painful fist around the hilt of his sword as he angrily surveyed the Ivalojoki’s rocky banks. Why had he chosen to trap them against the shore like that? He should have known that it was their only way of escape, and albeit risky, that they would take it! You blasted idiot, he cursed himself, already thinking with dread and resentment of what Zoser would do to him in punishment for this latest disaster. Roman still had tender bruises from his last beating, and the thought of another made him cringe. And worse, what if Zoser reassigned this project to Lliam, as he had all the others Roman had failed to complete to his satisfaction? This assignment was such an important one, too; frankly, he had been both shocked and proud that Zoser had put him in charge of it. Roman writhed with internal agony at the thought of Lliam stealing yet another assignment from him—it would only serve to further elevate his faultless brother and lessen his own standing before Zoser. He could not let that happen, not again. Watching the angry waters, Roman burned with a desperate desire to rectify his latest mistake.   

No comments:

Post a Comment