Thursday, January 05, 2012

Editing...Again...

I'm working on editing Book Two, because I figure that we'll be starting the publishing process with it fairly soon (maybe later this year, God willing), so I might as well focus on it for now; Book Three is done (but will need some work on the beginning), and Book Four is far enough along that I don't need to worry with getting it finished anytime soon. I'm mostly just going to have to work on the last half of Book Two, because it involves (spoiler alert!) Lillian, Elysia's younger sister, and I'm still working on her characterisation. I don't want her P.O.V. (point of view) to be too similar to anyone else's, so I'm working hard on making her sections read like they were actually from her mind. Lillian loves science; that's the main thing about this girl. Animals, plants, the body, the weather, etc.; she loves it all. So I have to be careful to remember that when I'm describing the places she's in and the way she analyses things, because certain aspects of the scenery will be more important to her than to most people. She's also very curious about how the body works and how to heal it, and Lillian loves reading books about science. She also loves studying other cultures and hearing stories from the Old World (such as Greek, Roman, and Egyptian myths). She's very fond of Egyptians, actually...
    Okay, so you're probably thinking, 'Yeah, great, that was way more than I wanted to know about Lillian!', but just thought I'd share :) Maybe M.D. will find it interesting ;) I mostly just wanted to share some of what's going on in my head as I'm revising. 
     Anyway! Hope you're enjoying 2012 so far! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment