Friday, July 01, 2011

My Goals

For the past few years, I've set some goals for myself and my books, so that I'll have something to work towards, and so far, I've been able to meet my goals. My first was back in sixth grade, and that was to reach 100 pages on my book. This goal was created because the most pages I'd ever written was 52, on a children's story for my school's Young Author Contest. I met this goal that summer and moved on to the next: I wanted to finish writing my book by the time I was 14. I was 12 at the time and figured this would give me plenty of time to get a book done. I finished with four months to spare, but my first 'book' was actually what is now the first two books in my series; it was later split into half. My next goal - one that I'm working on right now - is to get my first book published by the time I'm 16, and I'll turn 16 this November. So far, there's evidence that this goal will be met, even though for a while I didn't think it was possible. I thought I was going to be published the traditional way - which takes about a year to get a book published - but now that I'm working with Book Publishers Network, my book will be released by October. Praise God for leading me to Ms. Hara! And for helping me meet my other goals; I couldn't have done it without Him. I don't know what my next goal will be, but I'm sure it'll be something crazy :) But no matter what it'll be, I know that God will help me meet it, so I'm not worried, just excited! :D The life of the author is one part work and three parts fun, and so far, this has been very true :)

No comments:

Post a Comment