Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Busy Week

Every year since my brother and I were four, my grandparents have taken us on a mystery trip - meaning that they know where we're going, but we don't. We've gone to tons of different places over the years - including my favourite, the Lord of the Rings Film Exhibit in a museum when I was in third grade. 
       However, this year is the last time that we went on a mystery trip, because my grandparents are getting pretty old and I'm half-way through high school and Brother's at college. So it was a bittersweet trip, but still very fun.
      To start out, we got up at 5:00 A.M. on Tuesday morning and drove until 4:00 P.M. And yes, we did nothing but drive the entire time! It was SO monotonous; if I hadn't had my Robin Hood DVDs to watch, I think I would have killed somebody ;) But lucky my other grandmother had gotten a portable DVD player from my cousin for Christmas, and she let me take it with me so that I would also have something to do. Thank goodness for that. However, the DVD player soon ran out of battery, and so I had to resort to reading my book. Yes, that's how bored I was. It was kinda good, though; I found a few errors I had overlooked and was able to change them. 
     So we got to the hotel at 4, ate, and went to bed. We were exhausted and cranky, so sleep was very welcome. 
    The next morning, we got up, ate breakfast, and then headed out for exploration. The first place we went was this open-air art display, where this guy had stuck 10 Cadillac cars halfway into the ground. It was...strange, but cool. Brother decided he wanted to climb some of them, so we climbed one or two and got some pictures. It was actually a lot of fun, and we found some cool graffitti art on the cars (you could bring spray paint and spray/write on the cars). Here are some pictures:





 This was a lot of fun :) Then we went to a history museum, which was one of the best I've been to in a long time. It had some fantastic Native American exhibits, as well as some great pre-historic displays. I really love history, and so this was a wonderful place to spend a few hours.They had clothes from the early 1900s, which was very cool, and they had lots of stuffed wild animals and a whole room full of guns. (Yay!)
    After that, we ate and then went to another Native American museum, which was really disappointing. It had one room of stuff. Tiniest museum ever!! But I did get a cool necklace from the gift shop, so it wasn't a total waste going there. 
    We went back to the hotel and rested then. My grandparents and brother took a nap, but I watched the second season of Robin Hood (the 2006 BBC version) on my DVD player. This is an awesome show, by the way, and I recommend it!! After we were all rested, we headed out to a canyon, where we came to a state park place that was having a show. Here we ate really good chicken, salad, and peach cobbler. Brother and I climbed a giant pile of rocks whilst waiting for the show to begin, and got lots of pictures. After waiting an hour and a half, the show started. It was pretty good - it had lots of dancing, acting, waterworks, and special effects, and with the canyon as the backdrop, it was pretty epic. Never seen so many good-looking young men in all my life! ;) 
    We got back at around 11 and went to sleep. Then we woke up and headed back for home late the next morning. On the way back, I watched The Patriot, which is currently my favourite movie. It stars Mel Gibson (who I like as an actor, but not in real life) and Heath Ledger. Now, for those of you who don't know, I 'cast' Heath Ledger as one of my characters - my villain, actually. So, when he dies in the movie, it was pretty hard to watch, 'cause of course I see him more as my character than as the movie character. Now, of course he's dead in real life, but it was still hard to see one of my characters 'die', if you know what I mean. :) Then I also watched The Da Vinci Code, which was...ok. I don't agree with pretty much everything in the movie, but as a fiction tale, it was pretty good. Another of my favourite actors, Paul Bettany, was the bad guy (Silas) in The Da Vinci Code. He also dies, and as he is another of my characters, that was also hard to watch. Sheesh, why do they all keep dying? Haha! But it was an ok movie. 
     Then I went to the house of my second family, the home of PG13 and her parents and siblings. We went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 *pauses for breath* and it was really good. I'm not a huge HP fan or anything, but I've watched the movies once or twice and like them pretty well. They're entertaining. If you know me, it wouldn't be hard to guess who my two favourite characters are, but if you don't, I'll tell you: Snape and Draco. Yes, I always like either the bad guys or the ones who end up dying...or both. Refreshingly, however, Draco didn't die! Yay!! Snape did, though :( But I like Draco more anyway, so that's fine. My favourite part of the entire movie was the epilogue, when they show them all 19 years later. Draco had a beard! And it wasn't even the same colour as his hair! Hahaha that made me laugh so hard!
    We went to the lake, where I got sunburned! Yay. Mr. G took us out on the boat, and I watched PG13, N.G., and J.G. ski, which was awesome. PG13's boyfriend T.C. went too, and he skied some as well. We went tubing too, and N.G. and I had an awesome time falling off :) Mrs. G even tubed, and that was really funny, 'cause she called, 'Is that all you got?' to Mr. G, who was driving, and so he promptly tried to get her to fall off, but she stayed on until the very end. So funny! PG13 also had an epic ride, and she managed to stay on the entire time no matter how many big waves came her way. Go PG13!!!! It was amazingly fun :)
    Had an awesome week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment